Asante Kotoko head coach Eric Tinkler has hinted that the club could make one or two more surprise signings as the Porcupine Warriors continue preparations for the 2026/27 Ghana Premier League season.
The South African coach said Kotoko have largely completed the recruitment needed to strengthen the squad but suggested that the club could still make further additions before the new campaign begins.
“We have now completed the signings that we feel we need to strengthen the squad. What you should expect is that there are obviously going to be a number of changes to the squad,” Tinkler said.
According to the coach, several players have already left the club as part of efforts to create room for a new-look team. He also revealed that Kotoko have brought in a number of foreign-based players who have valuable experience.
“We’ve moved a number of players out because we just felt… there are a lot of new faces, a lot of foreign-based players who come with a lot of experience as well, which I think is all very important,” he added.
Tinkler’s comments suggest that the club’s recruitment strategy is focused not only on increasing the number of players but also on bringing in individuals capable of adding experience and quality to the team.
The coach took charge of Kotoko in July after the club appointed him as part of efforts to rebuild the team ahead of the new season.
He arrives with extensive experience, having previously managed clubs including Orlando Pirates, Cape Town City, SuperSport United and Sekhukhune United in South Africa.
Kotoko endured a difficult 2025/26 campaign, finishing eighth in the Ghana Premier League, and will be hoping for a much stronger performance under their new coach.
The Porcupine Warriors are scheduled to begin their 2026/27 league campaign against debutants Debibi United on September 5.