The Ghana Report
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Election Data Center
  • The Ghana Report Jobs Fair
Search
The Ghana ReportThe Ghana Report
Font ResizerAa
Search
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Election Data Center
  • The Ghana Report Jobs Fair
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
  • Contact
  • Blog
  • Complaint
  • Advertise
© 2026 The Ghana Report. All Rights Reserved.
South Africa
Home » Blog » Foreign Ministry announces delay in South Africa evacuation
HeadlinesNews

Foreign Ministry announces delay in South Africa evacuation

Stephen Awuah
1 hour ago
SHARE

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs has announced a temporary delay in the planned evacuation of Ghanaians from South Africa following recent xenophobic attacks in the country.

In a press release issued in Accra on May 21, 2026, the Ministry said the evacuation exercise, which was originally scheduled to begin on the same day, has been postponed by a few days to allow authorities to complete the necessary legal and administrative processes.

According to the statement, more than 800 Ghanaians have so far registered with Ghana’s High Commission in Pretoria seeking evacuation due to growing fears over the latest wave of attacks targeting foreign nationals in South Africa.

The Ministry explained that the large number of people involved, together with South African legal requirements such as mandatory passenger screening, coordination among several institutions, and the acquisition of flight permits, made it necessary to delay the operation briefly.

Read Also: Ghana petitions AU over xenophobic attacks in South Africa

Officials said both the Ghanaian and South African authorities are working closely together to improve and speed up the evacuation arrangements.

Senior government officials from both countries are also said to be actively engaged in discussions to ensure the exercise is carried out smoothly and safely.

The Government of Ghana assured citizens currently living in South Africa that every effort is being made to guarantee their safe return home.

The statement also praised the affected Ghanaians for their patience and understanding during the process.

Hearse driver dead, others injured in accident involving mourners near Nsuatre Amamfoso
Reliable energy key to Africa’s economic growth — Jinapor
Bright Simons flags flaws in Damang deal
4 killed, others injured in separate robbery attacks in Bono East, Northern Regions
Mustapha Abdul-Hamid declares bid for NPP National Vice Chairman
TAGGED:Ghana’s High Commission in PretoriaMinistry of Foreign AffairsSouth Africa
SOURCES:The Ghana Report

Sign Up For Daily Newsletter

Be keep up! Get the latest breaking news delivered straight to your inbox.
[mc4wp_form]
By signing up, you agree to our Terms of Use and acknowledge the data practices in our Privacy Policy. You may unsubscribe at any time.
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp LinkedIn Copy Link Print
Previous Article OSP President Mahama’s 2024 Promise: Deceit or a delayed reality?
Next Article 6 undeniable signs it’s time to break up
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


							banner							
							banner

Recommended

Friday: Advertised Jobs In Newspapers Today
Business Headlines News
Tuesday: Advertised Jobs In Newspapers Today
Business Headlines News
Wednesday: Advertised Jobs In Newspapers Today
Business Headlines News
Thursday: Advertised Jobs In Newspapers Today
Business Headlines News
COCOBOD
COCOBOD secures injunction against Dunkwa Offin chief
Headlines News

You Might also Like

‘Constitution first’ – Prof. Oquaye backs High Court in stripping OSP’s prosecutorial power

William Agyapong
William Agyapong
4 Min Read
HeadlinesNews

Asantehene destools Kyeame Kofi Nti

Grace Quaye
Grace Quaye
1 Min Read
unborn baby
HeadlinesNews

No Bed Syndrome: Family loses mother and unborn baby

Stephen Awuah
Stephen Awuah
2 Min Read

The Ghana Report delivers timely, reliable, and engaging news on politics, business, sports, and culture across Ghana and beyond.

  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Election Data Center
  • The Ghana Report Jobs Fair
© 2026 The Ghana Report. All Rights Reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?