The Ghana Report
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Election Data Center
  • The Ghana Report Jobs Fair
Search
The Ghana ReportThe Ghana Report
Font ResizerAa
Search
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Election Data Center
  • The Ghana Report Jobs Fair
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
  • Contact
  • Blog
  • Complaint
  • Advertise
© 2026 The Ghana Report. All Rights Reserved.
Home » Blog » Ghana on high alert, no Ebola case recorded – Ministry of Health
HeadlinesNewsTop Story

Ghana on high alert, no Ebola case recorded – Ministry of Health

Will Agyapong
1 hour ago
SHARE

The Ministry of Health has assured the public that Ghana has not recorded any suspected or confirmed case of Ebola Virus Disease (EVD), despite recent outbreaks in Uganda and the Democratic Republic of the Congo.

In a statement, the ministry said updates from the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Africa CDC confirm that both countries have reported suspected and confirmed Ebola cases.

To protect the country, the ministry said it has already activated precautionary measures nationwide in collaboration with international health partners to strengthen Ghana’s preparedness and response efforts.

The statement added that surveillance and screening at airports, seaports, and land borders have been intensified, while travellers arriving from affected countries are being closely monitored.

Health workers across the country are also being trained and equipped to identify, isolate and manage suspected Ebola cases safely.

The ministry added that public health emergency coordination and rapid response systems had been activated, alongside intensified public education and community awareness campaigns.

Ebola Virus Disease is a severe viral illness transmitted through direct contact with bodily fluids of infected persons or contaminated materials and surfaces. Symptoms include fever, weakness, headache, vomiting, diarrhoea and, in severe cases, bleeding.

The Ministry of Health urged the public to remain calm and adhere to preventive measures, including regular handwashing, avoiding contact with bodily fluids of sick persons, and reporting suspected symptoms promptly to the nearest health facility.

The ministry also advised against handling dead bodies without proper protection and cautioned the public to avoid eating sick or dead wild animals.

Chairman Wontumi begins defence in illegal mining trial
Nigeria releases Ghana-bound onion trucks
Berekum Chelsea attack: Suspected gang leader, one other arrested
Supreme Court gives Attorney-General seven days to respond in KIA renaming case
Vincent Assafuah accuses NPRA of blocking RTI request
TAGGED:ebolaMinistry of Health
SOURCES:The Ghana Report

Sign Up For Daily Newsletter

Be keep up! Get the latest breaking news delivered straight to your inbox.
[mc4wp_form]
By signing up, you agree to our Terms of Use and acknowledge the data practices in our Privacy Policy. You may unsubscribe at any time.
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp LinkedIn Copy Link Print
Previous Article Afenyo-Markin Afenyo-Markin questions competence of circuit court 9 judge
Next Article T-bills: Government records 34% oversubscription, but interest rates continue to rise
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


							banner							
							banner

Recommended

Wednesday: Advertised Jobs In Newspapers Today
Business Headlines News
Friday: Advertised Jobs In Newspapers Today
Business Headlines News
cemetries
The ‘mansions’ in Ghana’s cemeteries
Spotlight
Thursday: Advertised Jobs In Newspapers Today
Business Headlines News
Ghanaians don’t hate paying taxes, we hate seeing nothing in return
Opinion

You Might also Like

Ministry of Education
HeadlinesNews

Education Minister Inaugurates committee to oversee establishment of new universities

Christian Wilson Bortey
Christian Wilson Bortey
3 Min Read
HeadlinesNews

Tuesday: Advertised Jobs In Newspapers Today

William Agyapong
William Agyapong
0 Min Read
HeadlinesNewsTop Story

70-year-old woman dies in Suame Magazine fire

Christian Wilson Bortey
Christian Wilson Bortey
2 Min Read

The Ghana Report delivers timely, reliable, and engaging news on politics, business, sports, and culture across Ghana and beyond.

  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Election Data Center
  • The Ghana Report Jobs Fair
© 2026 The Ghana Report. All Rights Reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?